Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Asked For It :)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on December 19, 2001 17:37:16 UTC

Hi Dick

Please don't take this too seriously, you know that I'm mathematically challenged. However, I need to understand what this is all about, and my limited math is all I have. With that in mind, I believe I found a few problems.

>> Any attempt to discover the F(x) = 0 algorithm, is doomed to failure. It should be clear that no matter how much data one receives, there always exists an infinite set of algorithms which will reproduce the stream of data examined and yet differ as to the next piece of data > The absolute best one can hope to do is to predict the probability of observing a given set of data as a function of time. Certainly the proposal is testable and is meaningful when seen against the observations examined prior to the test. Thus it is that the only meaningful solution to our problem of understanding the universe constitutes finding an algorithm which, for any given pattern of data, yields the probability of observing that data at time t It is extremely important that we check the meaning of the three constraints I placed on the problem in terms of the conclusion reached

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins