Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Continued Discussion With Jisbond

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard Ruquist on December 18, 2001 15:23:42 UTC

http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/13724.shtml

I like this post. It has insight and very self-consistent logic. I wish for one clarification (BTW, that is the appropriate tactic when one cannot blatantly critique a post)

Jisbond seems to be saying that Allah creates knowledge, almost in the sense that new knowledge is constantly being created. If so, that is very interesting. We could certainly see that process going on in science. As soon as the scientists think they have everything worked out, like around 1900, Allah then creates some new knowledge, in order to further challenge the scientists.

Now some of you, especially if you think natural laws are cast in concrete, may think that I am again being sarcastic. Not so. I like to explore all possibilities. For example, if Feymann can successfully claim that particles can come back from the future, and thereby explain QED, some say the most accurate theory ever derived; then it is not so far-fetched to claim that God is, not chaNGING THE LAWS OF PHYSICS, BUT INSTEAD ADDING DEEPER AND DEEPER LEVELS OF PHYSICS.

Sorry. The caps are not my intention. But I will leave them because they may be coming from someplace deep within me. They may be a cosmic message. But that's another story. The story of coincidence.

To go back, god probably could, but probably should not change the laws we have already discovered. So after 1900 he just created knowledge around the Planck scale, thinking that that should keep us busy for some time. He wants us to keep thirsting for knowledge. Along this line of reasoning, he may eventually lead us to him.

I like this set of ideas because it has the scientists doing important work for god rather than being set against god. It also promotes rather progressive religious thought based on the latest physics and science.

So I hope that jisbond confirms that Islam teaches that god creates knowledge along the way. God meddles so much in my life that thinking of god as creating new knowledge is within the realm of possibility in my paradigm.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins