Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Alex: About Communism...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on December 17, 2001 23:43:04 UTC

I should have gotten into this debate a while ago with you, but had too much stuff to do. But what I mean to ask you is this:

In any Communistic nation, a strong central government is neccesary to ensure equal distribution to everyone. This sounds good in principle until a not-so-hot leader arrives and messes things up (i.e. Stalin.) Say what you will about American interference and barbarism, it pales in comparison to the atrocities the Soviet government inflicted upon its own people.

What is better? To have 80% of the wealth under the control of 10% of the population (capitalism) or to have 100% of the wealth under the control of .000000001% of the population (Communism.) You call that an improvement? We're still dealing with subjective humans here. People don't handle supreme power too well.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins