Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Rigor : The Velveteen Rabbit Story Teacheth Me

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on December 16, 2001 23:24:47 UTC

hit a button too soon
Corrected title and completing post:
The Velveteen Rabbit becomes real when it has been really loved. Pinocchio becomes a real boy at some point...I forgot how (ow, my nose)
and at some point, Bonzo the chimp is supposed to go to bed. Right now he's all over the house!
He's outa control!
You are assuming perhaps that all biorobots have
self-awareness, or that all neurologically healthy humans have self awareness.
Parents or mentors indeed can help an "adolescent" become more self-aware. Thereby, they have indeed helped create them.
The main "other" from which we can distinguish ourselves and thus have awareness of "self" might not just be another unit like ourselves which varied by genetic variation and environmental input....but one whose place in cybernetic hierarchy does indeed enable our programming potential

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins