Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Okay, That's Your Definition. I Used Webster's Dictionary

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on December 15, 2001 01:38:40 UTC

Dear Sir,
My reply at first might seem silly, but please be patient.
It would seem presumptuous of me to either confirm or deny someone else's ability to create something out of nothing. Just because they don't do it "on demand" would not prove much either. For I do not see Anyone "recently" creating something out of nothing.
There has been a debate in astronomy between
scientists about whether anything new has been created since the universe began, perhaps 10-15 million years ago.

Your definition is certainly a strict one which is a relevant consideration. I did not use that one. If I did, I could not admit any possible Gods into the arena of science, for we have not observed Anyone creating something out of nothing.

As far as "Christians" are concerned, or "Muslims", I do not want to over-generalize them. It does not seem necessary to say every Chrisian's theology is correct. In fact, in bitter moments, I have heard it said,"Jesus was the first and only Christian." Some of us in "the free world" have a casual attitude about God because we feel it would be a mystery if God were not present. The questions of what are the nature, thoughts or personality of God are open to exploration and free inquiry.
Thank you.
Michael "Mike"

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins