Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Programs Do Not Always Stay The Same.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on December 14, 2001 22:29:01 UTC

For example, the human brain is a learning program.

>>>Each program is already designed to fool you into thinking that it understands...>P: I tried to say, in my last post, that understanding is a relative term. We do not understand as compared to our computers of the future. Does that make us stupid? Inferior? The answer is Yes, as compared to the computers of the future.

H: Are you assuming strong AI in order to support your argument for strong AI?>I keep hearing this complex argument, but this is not how computer programs work. They must be programmed for specific tasks. You don't download a whole bunch of code from off the internet and hope it somehow performs the task better, right? Someone must review the tasks that you wish to obtain from that software and design it according to those needs. The person must understand what you need, and then they program so that those needs are met (and then you can download it from the internet).

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins