Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Harvey, How Hard Do You Think Add Emotions To Deep Blue?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on December 14, 2001 03:21:57 UTC

Much more simple than you think. All you have to do is to add at the end "I wiiiiiiiiiiiin!!!!! I wiiiiiiiiiiiiin!!!!!! I won this time, folks !!!!!! I can't even still belive I have finally beaten HIM!!!! Where is my million dollar check, by the way? Oh, yeah, Susann from the commetee should have it ready for me. So, how about a party at 6 p.m. at my place, folks? All on me (but within 10 beers per person, please). And, Garry, you were really good today, especially when you sacrificed your queen to nail my king. I was really, really scared... I think this is not our last crash." or something like that. Words may be flashing on the big display, spoken out loudly and an image of a robot (or Deep Blue itself) jumping and singing and running around happily can be arranged on the same big screen.

Of course, the exact kind of speach can be made more complex by correspondingly more complex part of code (call it "Winner /looser speach block command") tied to info not only from Deep Blue memory, but to events in outside world (say, via internet).

Mimicing human emotions is easier than many think.

After all, they (emotions) also are our pre-programmed (by DNA) respond on certain combination of input signals from our sensors.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins