Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
BTW Did Jesus Really Say That?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike Pearson on December 14, 2001 02:11:07 UTC

How many times do I have to bring up the importance of definitions? I would think that with your scientific training and experience and having read my posts (or have you) that it would
have occurred to you that we are not communicating
well about these big ticket concepts if our words are not precisely defined. Really, how many times must I say that?

Regarding his assigning us the silly task of keeping all the Mosaic Laws (no disrespect for Moses intended), here is what I believe:

how could Jesus know what it was to be human
if he never knew the anguish of being misquoted?
Or, you might say, to me it seems inconsistent
for him to insist on Love, Honesty, Flexibility,
Faith, Rigor and so on (which I think he did)
and then insist that each of the Mosaic Laws will be the whole basis, unchangeable, through all time.

Yes, I am aware that learning something about Hebrew or Jewish culture of that time, especially, is very important to understanding Jesus.

Have you defined " God " precisely?
You have challenged me on the subject of "God"
many times, but have not yet asked my definition
of the God I say Jesus can be reasonably said to be.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins