Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: God Vs Science

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Greg Armel/">Greg Armel on October 16, 1999 01:04:01 UTC

Fred Rubin: Religion and Science has been argued for thousands of years. The results have been the same each side claims that they are right.I confess as a nuclear scientist (over 50 years) I have had many heated arguments over this subject.The Religion advocates use the Bible literally in their arguments.Science advocate hard proven facts that made our civilisation what it is today in all fields. To sum it up Religion uses Revelation (Bible)Scientists use experimentation in our World.

Greg: A Nuclear Scientist? I have a question to ask, if I may. While I assume your knowledge is more involved with "controlled" nuclear reactions, I also assume you possess an understanding of the reaction that leads to nuclear detonation. It is my understanding that a single electron is injected into fissionable material of at least the density of U-235. Since the electrons orbit the nucleus so fast, this makes their orbit essentially solid, so the injected electron is assured of colliding with an electron of an atom of U-235, which is then knocked out of orbit. This imparts a gain in the momentum of its orbital velocity which is then imparted to the next electron it collides with, which then imparts its gain in momentum to the next electron in a chain reaction which eventually leads one electron in realizing the velocity of Light, whereby it is converted into Pure Energy. Is this basically correct?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins