Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Outdated? No? Maybe?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Beelzebub X on October 15, 1999 21:23:21 UTC

: Fellow forumeers! : It's the rudimentary physics student, taking a lame stab in the dark again; so please indulge me if your patience will permit.

: I recall hearing that the big bang might not be the very first event ever to occur. It's been explained to me since the universe seems to be expanding, it will eventually reach a stretch threshold. When this happens, the universe will then begin to collapse in on itself into an infantesimal point, then a huge explosion will occur as a rebound from the collapsing effect, causing the universe to expand again. : It's been suggested to me that this has been occuring since eternity, and big bangs have and will always occur again and again in the future. : Is this theory currently valid or has been disproved and hopelessly outdated?

: I wouldn't want to be accused of using an outdated argument now, (though I probably will be), but if this is true, that means that the universe and the laws of physics are constantly being recreated with every big bang. It also means that the universe has always existed. If so, then the possiblity that the universe has always existed renders the need for God as an explanation useless.

Beelzebub: The big bang theory is pretty but wrong, in my opinion! It gives the Universe a border (spatial and temporal)...and that can't be. What is beyond the border? What was before and what will be after? The big bang theroy gives more questions than answers! It's only so liked because it supports God and the Bible!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins