Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Why Go Through All Of That?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on December 11, 2001 01:40:39 UTC

I think that in the fairly near future(say 20-30 years) we will be able to program our genetic codes, eliminating aging, and thus death from the aging of cells. That would consequently eliminate all disease, and open the door to an unlimited feild of resurch. They will eventually decipher the entire "living" genetic code, and once they know the "language" they will make new "words". I love the promise of genetics. We can make stronger muscles, sharper eye sight, and all that we would have to do is infect ourself with a genetic virus thta would change only that aspect of our code, with no consequences or side-effects.

All of the above can happen, we have had proof of that fact since our existance here on earth. The question of God has nothing to do with this post, and this post does not question the existance of any God or Gods. There is no room to argue with the above post if the arguement has anything to do with God. Please do not judge me in the terms of religion for the above post("don't kill the messenger"). I would love to hear everyone's responce to this post, but I ask you to not post a reply if it has to do with genetic engineering being wrong.

Thank for your time,
Phillip

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins