Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Relate

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on October 15, 1999 17:42:10 UTC

I understand where you're coming from, being once Christain myself.

But I don't see death as being bad and life as being good. I believe that death is a necessary part of life, in evolutionary terms. We are but mere containers that hold genetic material. This genetic material mutates and replicates every once in a while to ensure variation in the species, so that if some sort of stress comes along and wipes out some the species, there is enough variation to ensure that some members of the species will continue. Death exists soley for the reason of keeping our genetic material flexible. Arguably, our genes are the only part of us that is immortal. So I have to disagree. Nobody knows what created life, or if it's really just been around all along. I don't see why it's necessary to include a loving being as a creator of life. If life was created it could be a vast range of things (a power, force, etc.).

Keith: "nothing comes from nothing."

I think that supports my argument. Maybe nothing was ever created. Matter are life are just always changing into different forms in an infinite universe. I suppose I love you too, in the general sense that I love and respect all creatures. Peace.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins