Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Outdated? No? Maybe?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Greg Armel/">Greg Armel on October 15, 1999 04:57:08 UTC

Tenacious: Fellow forumeers! It's the rudimentary physics student, taking a lame stab in the dark again; so please indulge me if your patience will permit.

I recall hearing that the big bang might not be the very first event ever to occur. It's been explained to me since the universe seems to be expanding, it will eventually reach a stretch threshold. When this happens, the universe will then begin to collapse in on itself into an infantesimal point, then a huge explosion will occur as a rebound from the collapsing effect, causing the universe to expand again. It's been suggested to me that this has been occuring since eternity, and big bangs have and will always occur again and again in the future. Is this theory currently valid or has been disproved and hopelessly outdated?

Greg: There is no way to perceive whether or not the Big-Bang has ever occured before, though the idea that the universe will one day collapse back in on itself is plausible, all it takes is enough mass. However, if this occurs, there is no way to know whether or not it will result in another Big-Bang. There is a satallite going up soon which will precisely measure minute differences in the 3K background radiation that is believed will provide an indication of whether the universe is open or closed.

Tenacious: I wouldn't want to be accused of using an outdated argument now, (though I probably will be), but if this is true, that means that the universe and the laws of physics are constantly being recreated with every big bang. It also means that the universe has always existed. If so, then the possiblity that the universe has always existed renders the need for God as an explanation useless.

Greg: This view hardly renders the explanation of God as useless, in fact, it offers another indication of His Existence. In the Vishnu, there is a view of Universes WithiN Universes, where this Universe is likened unto an atom in comparison to the size of the next Universe. This could be perceived as Cycles of the Big-Bang.

If we consider that God used the Energy of His Very Own SouL to initiate the Big-Bang(the only source of energy available to Him), then the souls of Self-Awareness which He receives into Oneness through the Harvest of the souls of New Life that He has sown through the Lifetime of the Universe would provide an exponential increase in the energy potential available to initiate the next Big-Bang. This would make each cycle of the Big-Bang exponentially larger then the last, so that each might be likened unto an atom in comparison to the size of the next. This would provide the most efficient means for God to expand His consciousness, His Love, and His Truth, ThroughouT Eternity. This is Known to God as The Metamorphosis of the CosmiC-Butterfly. :o)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins