Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Evidence For God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on December 6, 2001 16:06:15 UTC

Is entirely subjective. Unfortunately such sujective evidence is the best evidence in existence. It is what scriptures are written about.

The evidence is personal revelation, usually from a messenger who claims to know god. So it is indirect as well as subjective. Nothing you can base a science on.

The messengers are not alive. Often they are referred to as angels, especially in western scripture.

In my case the messenger was named Jomahales. He was Irish when alive. He was not perfect when alive but he had a good heart so they kept him and gave him a job. At the time that he was communicating with me, his job was to get me to keep Star Wars from being deployed.

He did not even communicate with me directly, but talked through a friend of mine who was able to channel. So the communication, supposedly from god, was indirect twice over. He claimed that I had a direct connection to god. But I have no knowledge of that. What was impressive is that Jo knew about things that my friend could not have possibly known. Here is one example.

Before protesting Star Wars, I worked for a small company called Sparta that was famed for winning the ten team race to design Star Wars. When I quit in 1986, my reason was that space-based weapons were inherently vulnerable, and I intended to obtain contracts for ground-based BMD in my own company.

Actually I just wanted to prevent a space-based deployment as the USSR would be compelled to shoot it down and that could start WWIII. I finally had two press conferences partnered with Henry Kendall of MIT down in Washington DC and wrote a few Arms Control papers while at MIT from 1987-1988.

But before the first press conference, I learned from Jo that my former Program Manager at Sparta, (who was in the west coast office, I was in the east coast office,) was very bravely trying to get me a contract for ground-based research from Sparta. The PM was already facing difficulties getting me money, and I knew that the PM's career might be in jeopardy once the press conference happened. So I called the PM and told him what I was really up to.

So the point here is that Jo came up with correct info that not even I knew about, and my friend knew nothing about my work, which was all secret. That, and similar info communications from Jo, is the best evidence that there is an invisible world that contains intelligent beings.

Not a proof of god. Jo claimed that there was a god. Well actually just talked about god. But that is not proof. Who knows what he really meant by that word.

If you read scripture carefully, you will see that almost all revelation is verbal and coming from some messenger, hardly ever from god. So my conclusion is that the existence of a supernatural world is much more probable than the existence of god, based on available subjective information. There is no objective evidence for either.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins