Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hmm, I Was Also Born And Educated In Moslim Country.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on December 3, 2001 19:31:02 UTC

Called Azerbaijan. But we were taught evolution, Big Bang, etc. I remember how my 8th grade chemistry teacher (azerbaijanian and communist, by the way) was drawing s, p, d, f orbitals on the board and was telling at the same time to the class: don't think of electron as of a particle, nor as of a wave - it is mathematical OBJECT which has many properties: properties of waves, properties particles, and many OTHER properties.

Also, I remember Lenin's statement: "Electron is bottomless" (meaning that electron may be infinitely reach in "depth").

Evolution was taught in biology class as a collection of facts (human chromosomes are identical to ape chromosomes, fossile records, similarities of species, natural geographic/geologic isolation experiments, genetic experiments, genesis of embryo echoing evolution, etc).

And we were taught that it all is just a chemistry and nothing else.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins