Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thanx For Views On Evolution, Earlier.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Yasir on December 1, 2001 13:45:51 UTC

You know, if you were born in Pakistan or a similar country with such a background you would have thought a hundred times before making any acceptance to something like evolution. Its here that teachers will tell you not to think about evolution simply because its 'not-too-important' and simply a product of too much curiosity about ourselves.

"WHAT GOOD, STUDY OF PRE-HISTORIC THINGS, WILL BRING TO US ? FORGET IT MAN."

No matter, how many books you read , you can never feel that confidence in something which everybody around you doesn't want to even talk about.

I went through a book of palaentology today and my confusion got wiped out. I was confused by the word "theory" of evolution . Now I know that when we say 'theory' it refers to the uncertainity in the description of mechanism of evolution rather than 'evolution ' itself. Evolution is a FACT (which implies that every one who believes in that human mind, with its merits and de-merits, is capable of making valid and reliable conclusions about the nature of the 'nature' using a reliable tool called scientific method will automatically believe in 'evolutionary explanation of organic creation'. Anyone who wants to disprove 'evolution' will have to disprove the reliability of human mind and scientific method itself.)

You mentioned it earlier but I recognized it now. Thanx again for help.

Yasir.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins