Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Are You Really Going Deep Or Just Goofing Around?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on December 1, 2001 03:48:06 UTC

Regarding determinism:
our topic being God and Science, the context is not particles in motion, but the big picture and cosmology. Mainstream science sees determinism in stellar evolution. In theology, we could consider determinism to be the normal state of affairs until thought enters.

I wrote:
>>>"There are software programs which can toss you to a randomly-selected site in the world wide web..."may seem "random" to you, but they are not.

Are you saying the computer industry does not how to generate a randomly chosen internet address?
Did you just make that up? I think you're
being Rush Limbaugh again.

I wrote: "Mechanics cannot predict that much."

You denied it.
But the randomness thus introduced requires an algebraic placeholder. You can't ignore it!
If you can describe a plausible exception, please do.
If there is a random bridge across multiple variables, then to assess the effects of that change of location, it would be necessary to reassess the scenario on the new side of the bridge. You can certainly check your reassessment against the prediction you made, but the effects of the random introduction would deserve separate evaluation....we can't just blur it all together.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins