Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
For Richard & Alex

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on November 28, 2001 16:29:57 UTC

Richard,

I don't consider dark matter to be an absurd proposal. The notion I consider absurd is the way you facilely interpret the alignment of simple integers (from religious texts) with simple values (derived through scientific means) as some indication that the authors of these religious ideas were metaphysically licensed to see deeper into reality than the rest of the world. 1 -- it's an insult to mankind of the relatively recent past (couple dozen or so centuries ago) to presume they couldn't have seen that mathematics is powerful and universally descriptive, and 2 – it's an insult to your own personal ability of pattern recognition.

Considering your whimsical stretch of fantasy, concurrent with an intentional ignorance of logic (specifically, Occam's Razor), I find your labeling of my argument as "sophistry" to be quite dim.

Alex,

My 'matrix' was a joke. "Pist" poorly written, as seems to be my par, but not anything to be taken seriously.

-LH

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins