Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Answer

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Beelzebub X on October 14, 1999 11:06:49 UTC

: Phil.o.sofir: : Finally, heated argument is gratifiying, but to put others down intentionally is unnessisary and leads to a closing off of other points of view which exist in the world of this present reality. : : : Knowledge is great when combined with a flexible humility, and a little humor to boot gives a sweet taste to all of ones senses.

: Greg: : Beezlebub ask for arguments for the existence of God, that he could not easily disprove. I offered Him one. He could not disprove it, yet he insists on expounding upon his view that God does not exist, while continuing to ask me to prove that He does. If he will not accept the indications I offer, and he won't dispute those indications, then that indicates a closed-mind that is just being obstinate and no productive discussion is possible either way. I was not trying to put him down, but rather induce specific arguments from him. He responds by sniping my arguments, and then disputing the closing statement which was no argument at all! Give me a break! I can go to any religious forum and get that kind of debate, I come here hoping to avoid it.

: Beelzebub: : Which argument could I not disprove? Do you mean the big-bang? The big-bang is only a very speculative theory, when the majority of all scientists suddenly recognize it's the wrong theory then you stop to believe in God? My argumten was: You can not build up your belief on a speculation!

: Or do you mean the gravity? Then you mean it's an argument for a deity that we can't explain something? The scientists can not explain why a cat purrs, that's why there must be a God? But if you want I can give you an explanation for the gravity (perhaps it's a funny theory, but it's surely more logical than to say it's God): The gravity is a distortion of the vacuum. The matter is negative vacuum - heavily compressed vacuum (dirt in the perfect nothing). This matter interacts with the vacuum and forces a distortion. This distortion is a flux of space. Near to the matter the vacuum is more compressed, that's why the matter "exists" more in the more compact vacuum, the result is a flux = gravity. : Now the gravity is explained. What says God to that?

: Greg: : Your previous post suggested that no one could explain gravity, you became awfully enlightened in a mere 5 hours didn't you?

: P.S.- And a cat purrs, and it doesn't take a PHD to realize it, because He's Happy!

Beelzebub: Nobody can now explain it (gravity) perfectly because nobody knows enough about it. But that is only a question of time. But when you start to explain it with God, then I have many more logical theories for the gravity. To use an unknown deity to explain something what is momentary to complicate for understanding is superstition! And to use an open question as a proof for a deity is pure despair!

PS: ...but we know there is a scientifically explanation for the purring, as we know that there is a scientifically explanation for the gravity...because the logic rules and not god!

PPS: What mans PHD?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins