Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Certainly Not The Communists

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 28, 2001 14:55:51 UTC

The comunists gave our education system a spurt when they got to space before the US. So my opinion is that they did the opposite of dumming us down.

To claim that something outside of the US is dumming us down is irresponsible. We do a fine enough job of that on our own.

Regarding scholarly work, I make it very clear when I am proposing hypothesis and drawing conclusions, and when I am reporting either scientific facts or history. In the above post I am reporting history as previously reported by Islamic historians. I then draw a conclusion from that history that should be obvious.

People who believe in Jesus, like myself, are not necessarily fundamentalists. In some sense I am a fundamentalist in that I obey what Jesus commanded, like not having any savings or praying in a closet. Most Americans who consider themselves to be fundamentalists pray in church buildings and have mucho savings. It was the Roman Constantine who created churches for Christians.

Jesus said that we have to follow ALL the laws of Moses to get into heaven. Christians ignore most of the 613 laws of Moses. Their excuse is that Jesus fulfilled all the laws, as preached by Paul/Saul. But Jesus said the opposite. Which are you to believe, Jesus or Paul. The Christian articles of faith are more a product of Paul and Constantine than Jesus.

So Christian fundamentalists take the story of creation in genesis to be literally true, and try to undermine science, while ignoring the direct commands of god, like observing the birthday of the world every year, a command that was given for all people and for all time, as stated in the bible.

So Christian fundamentalists pick and choose what they want to believe. They are not really fundamentalists in the sense of taking god's commands literally. Of course it is obvious why not. To follow all of gods commands they would have to behave like Jews. They just cannot bring themselves to do that- being so inherently anti-semitic for 2000 years. BTW, anti-semitism also started with Constantine.

So my hope is that your above post came from you being a fundamentalist. If so, we can then discuss just how fundamental your fundamentalism is. My opinion is that American Christian fundamentalism is both superficial, not truly fundamental, and detrimental to the US in the long run.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins