Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Think You're Really Agreeing With Me

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on October 13, 1999 17:50:20 UTC

: : : Ever here of the 10 Commandmants. In the book of Dueturonomy, there many laws laws to follow. Dietary, farming, festvals, marriage, crime. They are all there. God is perfect, but out tiny minds cannot comprend the logic of his purpose.

Okay, we're both atheists right? why not work together then? We share a common viewpoint.

He did not answer my question. He said strickly to follow the 10 commandments. I said that the bible often contradicts what is said in the 10 commandments. If God's logic is so alien to us that he tells to do both revenge and forgiveness, marriage and divorce, peace and war, etc. etc., then such a logic makes no sense to us. If God has such a higher logic that will always elude our understanding, then how could we know that we can ever do what God commands? I believe we both agree on this point.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins