Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Don't Know

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on November 20, 2001 18:00:27 UTC

Hi Harv,

I am certainly in no position to judge why anyone does or doesn't do anything except maybe for myself. I have some rather clear feelings about my own motives, but even these have been challenged by many people on this forum including Alex.

I think we are all such complex individuals and we all have such difficulty in communicating our feelings and beliefs to others that it makes it nearly impossible for any of us, especially me, to figure out what makes anyone else tick.

If I had to guess though, I would say it is probably a result (yes, I really mean 'result' this time, Ha Ha) of imprinting from an early age. Since I was brought up in a traditional Christian household, the idea of an intelligence existing outside of our accessible universe was presented to me as a matter of fact. Later in life, when I began questioning this idea, the imprinting didn't go away.

Alex, if I may be so bold as to hazard a guess, was probably imprinted from an early age that there was nothing extant outside of our accessible universe. Now, no matter what arguments he might be presented with to the contrary, his imprinting is also always present.

But, that's just a guess from a guy who doesn't know much about the subject of psychology.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2022 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins