Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Evil Was/was Not Created To Test Man According To Texts

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.o.sofir on October 13, 1999 03:04:55 UTC

: In the book of Isiah, God indeed said he created evil for thr purpose of testing the human faith in a series of "tests" tribulations.Earthquakes in the general sense aren't evil, but when a loved one dies, sometimes we blame God and ask why. It is said many times, that we will be tested. He also said that angels walk among us to try our faith. Christ said that he came to find the lost sheep (sinners).

I have found that god only speaks though human beings, this makes me suspisious. Anyway, if that part of this sacred text says god created evil to test human beings, why did it exist before? What I refer to is the fallen angels who rebelled, the epitimy of evil as far as the bible is concerned, so I guess they failed the test and he tried again on humans? Is this a contradiction or can it be expained away with theological interpretations? I do wonder if we will consider ourselves gods when we develop the technology to continue our consciousness indefinately? Or will we simply see ourselves as very very lucky or even unlucky human beings. I see this continuance as a very real possibility in the future of artificial inteligence/biological/genetic computing in which our intelligence will expand rapidly due to the continuous gathering of information as well as an expanded memory capacity. Talk about rapid accelration of knowledge and technology, if and when this occurs, today will seem like caveman days. There are probably inteligences in the infinite universe that are in this phase now.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins