Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Correction, Dick: You Insult, And then Avoid People

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on November 17, 2001 00:59:10 UTC

Dick,

The more you 'casually' discuss me in the third person (and at such length!), the more you reveal that I've found one of your buttons, and I love pushing buttons.

>>>”Luis's response is, ‘I can entertain any scenario not too far removed from my understanding of things,’ … apparently Luis either (has) a very limited imagination…”>”… or Luis cannot comprehend time travel in sci-fi sense of the word.”>”Luis's response? ‘I'd say that what was "you" would become something quite bizarre appearing, in both temporal and spatial coordinates.’ It is quite clear that either he cannot follow the arguments up to that point, in which case he would have to be quite stupid, or he doesn't want to and hasn't thought about the issue at all!”>”Please, where in my description of the thought problem did I even mention anything about what I was experiencing?”>”Anyone who was reasonably intelligent would consider the situation and try to come up with an experiment which would invalidate my statement.”>” What happens? Luis goes ballistic!”>”If one cannot follow that example, than they cannot separate the two issues sufficently to examine them objectivly and are barred from seeing the alternate representation of reality I propose.”

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins