Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Physics Is Dead

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 16, 2001 15:46:24 UTC

as a career path assuming that you are not some kind of genius. I recommend biotechnology as the most stable growth science of the future. The very best school in the USA for that subject is MIT. But everybody wants to go to MIT in Biotech. So the competition is quite strong just to get in. And even after you get in, the competition is so cutthroat that almost every year some student commits suicide. If you are a more ordinary student, but still very smart, I would recommend a small liberal arts college withn a strong pre-med and engineering programs for a undergraduate school, saving the tough competition for grad school.

All the top small colleges like Amherst, Williams, Wesleyan, Smith, Wellesley, Haverford, etc., have good bio programs. The school I went to, Union College, is strong in both engineering and bio and pre-med, and it is not such a difficult school to get into. Many students like myself go on to MIT or Harvard for grad studies from Union. Union is in Schenectady, NY.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins