Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Another Attempt To Get Through To Alex

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on November 16, 2001 03:43:53 UTC

Alex,

>>>"Did you notice little "i" there telling that time is DIFFERENT than space coordinate?"/i>

(2) We might want to ask ourselves what we mean when we refer to space-time, or space, or the universe, (or whatever). I think it's fair to define the universe as interactions of matter. Mass & energy, interacting on micro & macro scales.

(3) Thus, all intervals of space-time are products of matter.

(4) Therefore, all intervals of space-time, no matter how infinitesimal, would be a priori uncertain; that is to say, every interval of 'reality' is restricted from existing purely as a position.

(5) We are forced to conclude that, if matter cannot exist wholly in position, and therefore space-time intervals cannot exist wholly in position, then the foundations of the universe include more than the system of coordinates we use to establish position.

Time is real.

-LH

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins