Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Rejay... Or Reject? Just Kidding Man.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on October 12, 1999 20:30:39 UTC

: Why? Why if your so dead set in your atheist : ways do you even bother to argue with others? : You say that you are tolerant of others and : their beliefs, But you show such disrespect : to them. A persons faith, belief or religon : can't be wrong. If something good is done for : the wrong reasons, it is still good.

: Ps. O! By the way "WRONG"

Why do you find me to be so intolerant? I entertain all theist ideas. I hope only to gain insight and new perspective through argumentation. I must only appear intolerant to the theist who futily clings to a belief without the ability to argue his own viewpoint. I AM tolerant of other religions. You are free to beleive what ever you wish, and if there came a time when theists were persecuted (again), I'd be right on your side fighting for your right of independent thought; even if it meant converting my self. But theists are the majority today, so it is the atheist that is confronted with obstacles. Has an atheist ever been elected anywhere? (note: communist contries don't hold elections) If I seem offensive sometimes, it's only to provoke a reaction. Your criticism is duly noted.

A person's faith can't be wrong? If someone insists that gravity doesn't exist on faith, it doesn't stop gravity from existing. (Ottenbreit's words of wisdom: Objective and subjective truths, remember?)

I have no arguments with the fact that a person believes something for the wrong reasons, it's not wrong. If religion provides a crutch and helps you in ways otherwise impossible, then religion is certainly justified. All I'm saying is that it's not for me. I'm merely providing my own viewpoints when arguing, and why I don't think God exists. Furthermore, why is argument such a bad thing? All it means is that two people disagree.

P.S. Ideas of right and wrong are mainly subjective. Correct and Incorrect are objective.

P.S.S. Peace REJAY. Live large, die young, leave a good looking corpse

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins