Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Response (for What It's Worth) Objective Or Otherwise!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on November 13, 2001 02:32:48 UTC

Luis,

Believe it or not, I was quite delighted by your response. I found absolutely nothing in it irrational. Given the facts you have to work with, your response was quite to be expected. I still find it strange that everyone on this forum tries so hard to hide their identity. Perhaps I am missing something of significant importance.

>>>oh. There went the BS flag. And it's starting to make sense why there are more than one of you around here who hold an outmoded definition of time. >I'll soon discover why your twenty year-long quest for funding has been fruitless.>Hmmm... does this mean you consider absolute knowledge and absolute understanding to be impossibilities?> Also, considering the implications of position vs. momentum vis-a-vis relativity, do you also realize that you'd have to completely reinvent Lorentz Transformations in order to rectify the time is not a dimension nonsense?>How very 1960s. (How much LSD do you take on a weekly basis?)>Maybe because it is a Netscape web site, and I run Explorer. But, now I am really interested in your dissertation, so I'll get to it somehow. >Indeed! This is a good opportunity for the neutral reader to employ Occam’s Razor, to wit:

Dick can’t get funding for his studies because...
(A) He’s smarter than everyone who examines his efforts, and therefore nobody is capable of fully grasping his work, which is extremely revolutionary and would usurp too many long-standing establishments; or
(B) He’s lost his marbles. >Of course, I shouldn't expect you to be able to objectively respond, so save it until I consider your dissertation.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins