Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Serious Problem

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by bzrd on October 12, 1999 16:54:20 UTC

The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that, entropy will increase over time, in a closed system. As far as I know, this law has only been applied in the realm of physics; but suppose one applies it to an informational system. If the sum of all the genetic information contained in the biosphere is taken as a closed system; would it be subject to the Second Law? My answer would be yes. Reason being, as I have previously stated, virtually all known point mutations result in a LOSS of information in the respective genome, this would suggest that, over time, genetic information will decrease. Some would argue that the biosphere is not a closed system, due to energy input from the sun; however, it seems that, in absence of the information contained in chlorophyll (for ex.), plants would be unable to convert energy into glucose via photosynthesis. If this is true, then it would pose a serious problem for the geologic time-scales used by the evolutionists. What do you think?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins