Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Sunday School Lesson For Beezel

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Beelzebub X on October 12, 1999 12:22:33 UTC

: I don't mean to patronize you, my lost brother, but my beleifs require that I do this. ALL of the pain, suffering, atomic bombs, disease, war etc. that beset us in this fallen world are here as a result of humanities fall from grace in the Garden of Eden. Indeed, the human condition (the fact we will all die), is a result of our sinful nature-"the penalty of sin is death". Adam was Created in the image of God, he was (or would have been), immortal. As a result of Adam's sin, God cursed the earth and all of humanity. Additionally, He gave Satan reign over this earthly kingdom, which will culminate in the Battle of Armmaggedon as described in the Book of Revelation. This all makes perfect sense if you will look at Satan as the god of discord. God's law is perfect, the physical manifestation of Satan in this world is embodied in the Second Law of Thermodynamics, which states that entropy will increase over time in a closed system. In my mind, the second law didn't exist prior to Adam's fall from Grace. This is evident in the fact that we are de-evolving as a species; the human genome is a closed system, without any new information being added, mutational errors will increase over time. If you don't beleive this, do your own research, and try to find a mutation that does not result in a loss of information.

Beelzebub: You wrote so much...I must split it:

First: We must suffer because we did faults? But god has made us, he is responsible for us. Why must we suffer for his stupidity?

Second: You belive in the Bible? Why?

Third: Satan is the god of discord? The Bible and many storys we know about god are full with discords. So, that all comes from satan?

Fourth: I'm not sure if I understood correctly what you wanted to say with the last sentences. You mean that mutations would only destroy a species and never evolve? And the evolution by natural selection is not possible?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins