Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sure, But P=propaganda In The Future

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on November 9, 2001 02:55:45 UTC

Alex,

Since you are more interested in chatting than having a rational discussion, I've decided that I'll save valuable time if I see any propaganda (i.e., no content just emotional appeal) in your text (since there's so much of it I'll just say 'P'). If I say 'P' that means that you are being a tape recorder and that you will be better off going to beliefnet for such soapbox views. In addition, since you refer to so many logical fallacies I'm gonna save time and just say LF for logical fallacy. If you want to know the fallacy just ask and I'll be more specific.

>>>Math works. Religion does NOT.>All you see around you was built using MATHEMATICS. When you are ill, you do not prey to BEING(s) - you simply go straight to mathematically engineered drugs (Well, chemically actually. But chemistry is quantum mechanics, thus math.)>But little by little they learn how nature works - where natural laws come from and how life works. Then they come back to me and say: "where is God?" We thought, God is behind chemistry, but there is non. Behind natural laws, but none. Behind a Big Bang, but none. Behind life, but none again.>And then I feel that I made a small difference in this world by EDUCATING someone.>And usually those students who understand how things MATHEMATICALLY work, can PREDICT behavior of things much more accurately than theists who rely on God for explanations.>So, Harvey, do you deny power of math and still want to hang on some (human-like or non-human like) BEINGS running events in physical world? Or some BEING creating logic and mathematics?>Well, if so - they you are slightly behind in your philosophy. It would be proper to teach BEING approach around 700-500 BC as you mentioned above - when science was in "test tube" state.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins