Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Want To Treat Possibility As Primitive

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on November 6, 2001 18:15:55 UTC

Mark,

>>>I kinda like this argument. I take it as: the universe (or symmetry) never actually "branches off". Perhaps the universe never chose + over - or vice versa... They can both remain coexisting as possibilities for eternity, never actually chosen between. I guess this would be like the "ULTIMATE BEGINNING" to the many worlds interpretation of QM. So the universe never chooses between ying or yang; they simply go on to coexist indecisively, forever.Then the two words, "possible" and "logical" in my opinion, are like using a thesaurus and looking up two different ways to express the same meaning. So of course if it's possible it must be logical! Basically put... it's equivalent to saying "Why are they possible?", "Because they are possible." When you word it that way, you beg the question and presuppose the answer; there is really no meaning in that way of putting it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins