Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Would Be Glad To, But Many People Here Are Too Hostile.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on November 5, 2001 18:42:25 UTC

And may try to use it against me, which would shift scientific discussion more into far less productive personal yelling. Because of rare foreign last name, it is relatively easy to find in which college I work by my publications, and I would not like my dean to waste his time replying to anonimous e-mails about "non-believer" or "traitor" or "communist" in his department (that happened once when I shared my last name).

Although in his society they do not burn "unfaithfuls" any more, but strangely that anonimous letters and calls in US are considered. That never happened to me in Russia, by the way. And I never heard from anyone else about anonymous reports/ complains. May be because in Russia nobody reacts to anonimous letters /calls. Also, it is considered quite low in Russia not to sign a letter - because it is obviousely a sign of lie in the content of a letter.

So, having some bad experience with such "nice" people in free society (US), who are really very kind to you when "face to face", and then hit you from back, I would rather keep some distance from such dual personalities.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins