Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Luis... I Never Engage In "hostile" Debate...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on November 3, 2001 18:09:22 UTC

So "arguments" with my mother are always a pleasant exchange of ideas...

I too use your method of religious acknowledgment from time to time (just smile and nod)... but I always know that when debate is said and done, she will continue to think her way and I will continue to think mine. I, like you, never forcefully impose my agnositic/scientific views upon family members, friends, or even anonymous web posters... but I never turn down a good debate!, even if that includes my own Mom... : )

I like to call my "religion" a "religion in the making", because I have two categories of beliefs... my stubborn "you'll never make me think otherwise" beliefs, and my "I'm open to various inputs" beliefs. Science is the foundation of my belief system, but I never turn my back on possibility of there being a "God" (however I don't take much to bible "fariytales").

My condolences go out about your friend Luis...
-Mark

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins