Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: No God?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by bzrd on October 9, 1999 13:26:56 UTC

: Interesting statement. Where did the quadrillion years come from?

bzrd here: From an online book I came across; " Scientific Evidence for God". To be totally honest, I can't vouch for the valididty of the numbers, however, there is an experimentally validated theory that states the probability of a functional protein occuring through a random process is one in ten to the 57th. I can't speak for you, but, I have a little trouble wrapping my brain around a number that large. To put this into perspective, there are approximately that many atoms in the known universe, couple this with the fact that there are thousands of different proteins that comprise even the simplest bacterium, then you can begin to get the idea of what you are saying when you maintain that there is no Creator.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins