Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: God And Science Are Both Correct. (Please Read And Respond)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul Rest/">Paul Rest on August 3, 1998 18:53:50 UTC

A major problem with taking what any religion says seriously is that every religion has a finite life-span and some new one is going to come along and say something different about how the universe/world was created. Which one is right? None of them, because any religion is guessing into such matters, not basing them on anything. God very well may exist, but I believe not in the classical form of Christianity, but rather as a sort of collective conscious that exists on the quantum level. You can't have 6 billion people believeing in something without affecting something. This makes any discusion into whether God or a god exists irrelevant because it becomes an entirely person matter, if you believe in God, he/she/it exists but if you don't, they he/she/it doesn't.

-Paul

: Look. I believe in God. I also believe in science. I believe that God created everything in the universe. He made it a mystery so we (humans) have something to learn. We seek knowledge, and He made enough of it so we can try to learn all we can.

: Some of you don't believe inthe Big Bang, but I do. In the Bible it says that God created everything in 6 days. But scientists say the Big Bang lasted a long time (definetly more than 6 days!). But I think that God did do it in 6 days, but I think each day was a certain period of years.

: God and science can get along, but God overules it. He did create the universe, but He did it in a way we can study and learn about it.

: I may be only 13, but I have my beliefs. And my beliefs tell me that God and science can live in harmony. But as I like to say, "We can search and find all the knowledge we can, but know matter how far we go, there will always be one more bit of knowledge we don't know, and to me, that is where God overpowers science.

: To sum it up, God did create our universe, but he used science so we could understand it.

: Wes

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins