Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Spirit Is Equivalent To Imagination

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 30, 2001 15:35:31 UTC

So we all experience spirit, our own. But some people can experience other people's spirits. My mother who was crazy had this ability. She would know what I was thinking about provided my thoughts were negative.

Other people are able to see things that are real while they are asleep. This has been established on a scientific basis and published in the IEEE. It also has been experienced by many people that I know, but not by me.

The explanation is that their imagination could travel outside of their sleeping bodies. So that implies that spirits or imaginations can exist outside of a physical body. Since the spirit could gather information on what was seen, it obviously interacted with the physical world.

Perhaps by definition, you would say that if it could interact, then it is not a spirit. That is equivalent to proving something does not exist by definition- something you have a tendency to do with regard to life after death and god. You just define it in such a way that the definition itself prevents the defined from existing. But that is not good enough for me.

So if physical bodies have imaginations, which we know to be true at least for humans, and if we define imagination to be spirit, then spirits obviously exist. That is the inverse for what you do. The point is whether these spirits can exist outside the physical body, and if so, does that imply that spirits can exist in the absence of a physical body.

The answers to those two questions converted me from athesism to theism some 30 years ago when I was 33 and a practicing scientist.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins