Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Am Very Happy To Hear That I Am Not The Only One!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.o.sofir on October 9, 1999 01:04:33 UTC

: Hi Philosifer. : : The way you've chosen to define free will (we're all different); I have no choice but to agree with you. However, most people don't define free will that way. Most people think that free will is exclusively human, and that it is essentially the idea that all decisions we make are spontaneous, and uncaused.

***Hi Tenacious, I must have been such an outcast at the college I recently graduated from, they are so grounded in thier traditional ideas even in science that they saw me as a trouble maker because when I would raise an issue they would always fall short of defending thier own reasoning. Of course, I ended up being seen as a devil worshipper even by those in the basic science building, as if I was getting all my information from a fallen supreame being instead of by wondering, thinking and coming to conclutions based on the same laws they use themselves. Is the majority of the world like this? Even the professor who has his master and doctorate in anthropology and taught us all the sociological courses told the other professors that I wanted to start my own religion... They all agreed, and told me so when I asked others I was close to on thier opinion of his statement. These things hurt me very much, WAAAAAHHHHHHH! Okay, enough pity partying, lets try to find a new and fun topic to discuss, how about a contest in which each contestant tries to figure the amount of dung eaten by beatles since the begining of beatlehood, and the winner gets a years supply! :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins