Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It Can Be Better

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on October 30, 2001 05:17:07 UTC

Harv- it doesn't concern me whether any celebrity scientists tune in or not. There's plenty of talent here already. However the sharper the challenges one's views can get, the less time one wastes following mistaken paths. So the presence of very knowledgeable people hopefully improves the efficiency of debate. So I hope Alex and Dick and Smartguy; who know more physics than me; have something more to say re: three-way jump theory (three fields of jump-oscilations, one being 'at right angles' to the other two).

And thanks for the long 'philosophical tennis rally' at 'Process of The Cosmos.' I don't have a computer so can not always keep up with discussions, by the way.

Also: if you want more info. on 'information forces'; the chapter on self-organising systems in "The New Physics" by Paul Davies, is worth reading; and a book "Godel, Escher, Bach. An Eternal Golden Braid" has an excellent information-theory analysis of DNA and other subjects.

This site here would be better if for example Richard Stafford would not pre-judge debate (he said he doesn't respond much to Alex's posts because he thinks their only difference is misunderstanding. But rather than censor debate ever happening between Dick and: Alex, you, me,etc.; I think he could try letting the arguments play out without pre-judging the outcome.

-my two cents
-dolphin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2018 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins