Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Science And God CAN Live In Harmony.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Devils Advocate on October 8, 1999 19:18:13 UTC

As far as the question of "God's Universe" is concerned, (I'll try not to quote from the Bible too much) it was said that he created the heavens and the earth and the stars above. My hypotheseis is maybe , just maybe, he was refering to the galaxy. Since thare are millions of galaxies in our known universe, why would any "deity" want to make so much stuff and just hang out here for awhile, when he has such a big place to manage. As far as matter is concerned, we are offspring of the universe itself. Our earth consist of elements taken from cosmic dust. Our bodies when totally dehydrated, is a small pile of matter. Calcium, iron, zinc, etc...which is the same elements of the earth. But what made the "parts" all come together? Was life an accident? Or was it designed. What drives us to reproduce and use thoughts to understand our enviroment. Somehow I believe there is a "design" that defines what we are and that the creation of the universe is really a moot issue. I'd rather look in my own backyard before looking over the fence.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins