Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Alex Thinks The Soul Is Generated...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on October 19, 2001 17:21:54 UTC

By sustained chemical reactions and functioning neural networks. This is Alex's way of saying "life", so in his eyes life ends when the processes that "generate" a soul are no longer opperational. Hence death is the absence of life, and there can be no afterlife.

I'm not trying to convince him to think my way... I'm only trying to show him that we as humans, scientists, philosophers, etc., are just simply ignorant when it comes to the ultimate origin of consciousness. And when I say "consciousness" I don't mean being awake, what I mean is "awareness" of one's own existance. You can call this a "soul" if you want, but that seems to scare away so many scientists, evolutionists, etc., because the word "soul" sounds too religious. But when I myself say "soul", I don't mean angels and devils... I'm talking about the essence of "consciousness".

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins