Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Quantum Computer Magic

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 19, 2001 14:54:34 UTC

Current thinking (Penrose, and so on) is that the brain is a physical quantum computer based on Frolich's hypothesis that with energetics, membrane dipoles at like a Bose-Einstein condensate macroscopically at room temperature.
That explains for example the procees of going to sleep when the energetics are removed.

Yet there is still some form of consciousness operating when asleep. That I believe is the supernatural quantum consciousness in the axion media that copies the physical state of the brain but somehow can also act independently. Meditators call this aspect of consciousness the Witness.

So I was a little incomplete when I said that consciousness resides in the axions. There is of course both physical and supernatural aspects of consciousness. The purpose of meditation, at least eastern meditation, seems to be to turn off the physical consciousness in order to experience the permanent consciousness.

BTW< since the axions are a superfluid, I think it is accurate to refer t0 it as a supernatural medium, even though that word carries a charge.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins