Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Speculation Implications

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on October 18, 2001 15:45:08 UTC

Hi again Mario,

I forgot to mention some things in my post.

With the single exception of that top ant, everything in that hierarchical multi-layered set of diagrams interlaced with world lines can be represented by,. . .(are you ready for this??). . .or can be thought of as actually consisting of,. . .(fanfare, drum roll, and rimshot!!). . .nothing more than. . .

A Set of Numbers.

Moreover, as Dick Stafford has shown us, that set of numbers, as well as all other sets of numbers, must of necessity obey the laws of physics.

Now, since numbers are nothing more than concepts thought up by some consciousness, the only thing necessary for the existence of that set of numbers is some sufficiently capable consciousness. It just so happens that there is one likely candidate for that job in my picture: the top ant.

Incidentally, that top ant in my picture serves as the driver for not only all the lower level ants and other organisms, but as the driver for all helicopters as well.

I originally described the ant as some kind of vehicle embodying consciousness that was capable of "crawling" along a world line in a diagram. But if the diagram itself is nothing more than a construct in the consciousness, nothing like a vehicle, or indeed nothing of a material nature at all is necessary. The consciousness can simply imagine crawling along a world line and achieve the same effect.

Since there is nothing material required to exist in this picture, it would be anti-parsimonious to assume the existence of material. I conclude that Bishop Berkeley was right all along.

Furthermore, in this picture only one thing is left unexplained. The only mystery left is that one single consciousness with its awesome powers of concentration and its over-active imagination.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins