Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Absolutely No Harm Done...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on October 17, 2001 04:39:25 UTC

Remember that I'm not Alex...

To me an honest mistake is just an honest mistake and I leave it at that. I came upon my "physics education" through combination of forums such as these, popular physics books, and a few technical references (raw facts and equations). So although I have no formal education in physics, I find it very inspiring that neither did Einstein when he shocked the scientific community of his day and shook physics to its foundations. When ever I notice a statement conflicting with physics as I've come to understand it, I simply scratch my head and think for a minute... and then in most cases, proceed to point it out to the individual. In the case where I'm wrong, then I actualy gain something by being corrected and learning something new. In the case where I'm right, I use that as confirmation that my knowledge is factual and it solidifies my "education".
The two of us are not too unlike eachother when it comes to this awesome and interesting subject.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins