Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Kids Will Be Kids

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on October 16, 2001 20:39:18 UTC

Doctor,

I've tried to engage Alex a couple of times, but he either gets belligerent when he disagrees with you (and can offer some sort of response), or he altogether ignores you when you've completely eliminated the validity of his argument (see "Dimensions vs. Coordinates" below). He's got a tendency to quote formulas from lower-level physics curricula (albeit a tendency that usually manifests itself at the inappropriate time), but his personal insight is almost entirely nonexistent.

I'm no physicist, yet I am capable of understanding a lot of things a lucid physicist/student/expert explains to me. It's a fascinating subject, but undergraduates with high aspirations (and sensitive egos) frequently ruin the mood when they can't explain their textbook-derived descriptions with anything *but* more textbook-derived descriptions.

In chat rooms the "trolls" are a dime a dozen, in these rooms they're not far behind in futility. I've found that it's best to take these adolescents with a grain of salt.

:)

-LH

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins