Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Are There Any Islamic Mantras?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 16, 2001 15:39:12 UTC

I hope that one or more of our Muslin posters will answer this question for me. I practice a religion in which I use the principal mantras of all the worlds great religions, except for Islam. I have not found any mantras in Islam. Admittedly I have not searched very hard. So I am asking for help. I have not found any ones in the articles of faith or in the Koran.

My interest is in the most powerful mantras in each religion. Here are some examples:

Buddhism- The series of mantras for opening the chakras starting with OM AIM NA MA HA

Hinduism-
(Vishnu) HA RA YE NA MA HA, from which you can create 96 more using the laws of symmetry and the additional sounds: HU, HO, RE, VA and VE.
(Shiva) OM NA MA SHI VA YA
(Brahma) I do not know any

Judiaism- the first commandment starts with the most powerful jewish mantra: Hear O' Israel, the lord our god, the lord is one. You shall love the lord your god with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your might and mind.
It seems that Islam derives the law to pray 5 times a day from this commandment as it goes on to say that you should use this mantra when you rise, when you retire, and when you rest during the day, presumably after each of the 3 meals. It also requires it to be said when you walk by the way.

Christianity- The Rosary and the Lord's prayer.
Mary said that she could convert Russia back to Christainity if enough people said enough rosaries every day. That means that the godhead needs us to provide it energy. If so, then how we live and what we say and do creates the kind of world we will eventually live in. Well, I guess that is like a motherhood statement. More specifically mantras and prayer can change the world via the godhead.

So since Islam means peace- akin to the semetic word shalam, I think. I want to know what the most powerful Islamic mantras are.

Can anybody help?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins