Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
YESSS EXACTLY!!!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on October 6, 1999 20:34:16 UTC

: ***Mosquitos hunt us for food. : If it is so easy for the world to become imperfect,(of miilibar of pressure) then how do you call this world perfect. : I guess the only perfect part is the range between just above sea level (with few exceptions) to say 16km above sea level, this hardly comprises the world, so it is a currently semi-perfect biosphere, not whole world. : It is foolish to think god would withhold the tree knowledge from his image of himself to begin with, you know how vain he is! : Furthermore, how could we have the free will to chose to/not to eat the fruit if the fruit contained the knowledge we needed to make that choice? So that would leave us as a creation that has learned its acceptable behavior but force? : My dog does not rebel against me because he knows I am more powerful, so how could we have done so if we had limited knowledge?

Excellent point. Unfortunately I didn't even consider arguing from his own theology. Thanks for the ammo, I'll certainly rip off your idea to use on unsuspecting theists in future arguments (I hope you don't mind).

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins