Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Am Always Positive With People.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on October 10, 2001 19:21:56 UTC

I never start any fight with anyone unless someone starts insulting me by calling established facts "bullshit" or "your bullshit theory" while not knowing that it is not my theory but well known textbook fact or math.

How can someone not understanding physics argue about it in the first place? Say, I know nothing about Francis Bacon or Aristotle - so I am simply not qualified to argue about their point of view. And I do not, because I simply do not know what to talk about.

So when people with no physics background argue about physics and I know that they are incorrect -what should I do?

Should not I say that they have to learn information they want to argue about FIRST?

I actually patiently educate most of them without pointing on gaps in their education/understanding of physics, unless they insist on something profoundly contradicting to basic facts or basic math (=logic).

It is fine to purely speculate about, say, multidimensional time - with clear understanding of no relation to reality. Another thing is to point on possibility of actual time travel - this breaks basic logic the whole math and physics rests on.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins