Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Beheaded Chickens

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on October 9, 2001 00:09:15 UTC

Harv,

>>>”Allows?? I don't own a membership.”>”I'm not sure why you made this objection.”>”Philosophy is what we are discussing in general both here and in the blackhole forum.”>”We don't need such an ontological meaning to identify the existence of an object and thus make us confident about their existence.”>”I don't think science can justify the *ontological existence* of anything.”>”I don't think your (distinction) between scientific and metaphysical justification holds water.”>”...whether those entities proposed to 'exist' actually *exist* is a mainly philosophical matter (called ontology, i.e., metaphysics).””What I'm trying to show is that your views aren't consistent.”>”Have you really accepted my premise that we must treat certain assumptions as true?”>”This is quantum cosmology that holds this view.”

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins