Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Requires More Faith Than Christianity?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on October 6, 2001 02:06:06 UTC

I'd say my following of the Montreal Canadiens requires more faith than christianity. Heck, anything requires more faith. Christianity is a beautiful religion. It takes the Hebrew Sabbath and explodes. Christianity teaches one that, "You don't have to do squat to get into the holy heaven. All you need is a belief in Jesus." Man, Christianity is like an infomercial.

"That's right! Not only do you not have to pay money or pray or do good things, you are not contractionally to do anything other than think one simple thought. And that thought is 'Jesus is god'. Just listen to these reviews!" - Host

"I tried those other religions, but they required me to go out and help the poor. Who has time for that? I need to spend spend spend my money." -customer 1

"I was muslim for years, but praying five times a day was too difficult. Now with christianity, I can go to heaven without all that needless praying." - customer 2

"Other religions think you should give to the poor. Christianity allows me to drive my SUV 5 miles to work guilt free!" - customer 3

"That's right. Its the wonders of heaven without the work. Join now!"

Thats not a religion. Thats a scam!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins